Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Motley Mapping Fragments by Abu Lafia

That's impressive Martin, not only your linework and placement is really great but I think you chose a wonderful palette. It's even becoming a signature palette

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I like this one

What kind of pen do you use?

When you've done the drawing I presume you scan it and colour it in PS?
    Thanks Mouse, yes i coloured it digitally (in Gimp) and i used a 0.7 mm Faber Castell pen (actually prefer the 0.5, but it was hidden somewhere and i was too lazy to search for it, so i worked mainly with the tip's edge... ) and a 0.1 mm copic multiliner for some of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    That's impressive Martin, not only your linework and placement is really great but I think you chose a wonderful palette. It's even becoming a signature palette
    Thanks Thomas, yes i planned to make this series of maps with a coherent palette and used the same colours and parchment background for all of them (originally used in my "abandoned mesa outpost" map whicjh gave me the idea to expand this setting a bit further). Linework-wise the set is not that coherent, or let's say it's evolving, but although this last map is rather simple, i like it the most so far regarding the coluring/shading and overall look.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Map

Here is the next one of the series
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#11 Goldmine.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	92208
    The precious Cryusat is the actual reason why the Congregation of Light decided to conquer the arid planet Kreios.
    The refined minerals are needed to filter the more and more toxic atmosphere of their home world, because nearly hundred years ago, the High Council of Sages calculated, that it'd be much more profitable to exploit the Cryusat from Kreios, than to regulate their own ever growing industry...
    With the #9 "Refinery", #8 Storage and #7 "Control" to follow, i'll do a few more maps depicting the infrastructure for the colonial exploitation of Cryusat on the planet.
    Map is not territory...

I very much like those maps Abu. Your style has a charm i like

Damn! You are way too fast for me to keep up with the repping power!

Another map I really like, and again - I just can't put my finger on it. I guess that must mean that the composition, drawing, shading, colour scheme and everything I normally pick up on straight away if they just don't sit right with me - all of that must therefore be good

The complete set will be glorious !

Hello everybody, once again i'll raise this old thread of mine from the deeps of this subforum to delurk and join the fun of mapvember.

I'm a bit late but i'll try my best to catch up. Although i want to beat my last years number of maps, i'm not sure if i'll be able to make all of them...

For a start:
    #1 The hold of a Bog-Goblin clan, deep in the "Finstermoor" (or any other generic swamp/bog/etc.)

Name:	Mapvember0001.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	100802

#2 The most villainous Port Elegba, a Space Bandit haven in the Xerxes Belt. Infamous for the highest density of loot, booze and bad manners in all the galaxy.

Name:	Mapvember0002.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	100803
    Map is not territory...

Glad to see you back Martin And with gorgeous pieces as always. The asteroid is terrific !

Nice work, Abu, and yeah, it's great to see you back posting again.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you Thomas! Seeing you and many others being so unbelievably creative and productive, not just with the regular mapping but also with Inktober and Mapvember, made my fingers really itchy.
    Thanks ChickPea! Indeed, haven't been to active lately and i absolutely have to change that.

To catch up with the Mapvember, here is a double map for Day 3&4: "The Mirror and the Basilisk"

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to give me some hints regarding misspellings/grammar etc... you know, i always found it easy to get out of Germany, but it seems terribly hard to get "ze german" out of me XD

Name:	Mapvember0003.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	100843

Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast