Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mersegon - Fantasy map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Mersegon - Fantasy map commission

Hi all,

Here's a map commissioned for the new add-on of french Enemy Gods RPG, depicting the region of Mersegon, following the previous add-ons where I've already made the maps of Yerval and Drekland.

© Les XII Singes 2016 - All rights reserved

Hope you'll like it. As usual feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EG Mersegon.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	674.4 KB 
ID:	80092

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I'm loving this map!...I love the way you drew it to look as if it is part of someones catalogue of maps. And I love the way you put the legend on a separate piece of paper in the catalogue. Great job!

Excellent map again! I like a lot the abrupt plateaus of the desolation. Oh, and cool to see "maquis" on a map, that doesn't happen so often .

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks Ilanthar, glad you like it

Always love seeing your B&W stuff Max (and your color stuff too for that matter).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Awesome! I just fell into staring at all the little details in the mountains for a minute or two. I also like the way you separated out the legend; this is a nice way to integrate the map, border, and legend together.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Professional and beautiful as always! As jshoer said, your border-legend join works perfectly and it is these little details thrown throughout your map that bring it to life whatever style, that I find so inspirational to see. Thanks Max!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Since it gets boring to just comment each and every single of your map with "That's awesome!" I'll go and be a little bit more specific here and say those Grand Canyon-like plateaus look really good, and I love the ships and the compass rose.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Since it gets boring to just comment each and every single of your map with "That's awesome!" I'll go and be a little bit more specific here and say those Grand Canyon-like plateaus look really good, and I love the ships and the compass rose.
    They are drawn pretty, but those plateaus are what ruin this map for me. They are way too big, much bigger than the mountain ranges, and at least one of them looks out of perspective. Of course only people who care about the geography might notice or care, but they seem to draw the eye because of their disproportion.

The ships do look great, though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast