Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: *** November Challenge - Lost in Space ***

Blog Entries

Dont know about large animated files but its showing small animated gifs on the page and with a little hacking I now check the image format type and preserve gifs in the thumbs - see current animated ones at least for now !

For all the challenge entries, please make sure your entry meets all the qualifications of the challenge. I am sure no one would like to be disqualified on a technicality, especially after spending a lot of time and effort.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Heh JF, thats why I asked in my challenge entry if I am within the borders of the challenge. As I got no reply so far I assume I am?
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sagenlicht, I think your latest WIP puts you a bit more in-line, since now it has map elements on the asteroid.

Usually we leave the interpretation of challenge guideline following up to the voters. But we've been discussing it.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Post Thanks for the info

Well Arcana,

thanks for the feedback, though I admit I did hope for such words a bit earlier as I asked with my first WiP if its ok what I planned.

While I can understand your argument to let voters judge about being within the challenge rules I am not sure that this works for such wide range challenges as I got a lot of positiv feedback about my idea.

Last but not least I'd like to know whats the difference between my entry and entries that show a single planet like SG's entry. Dont get me wrong, not only I do consider his entry completly valid but in addition I think its a great one. I can really imagine seeing his entry being part of a sci-fi movie or game and he will prolly get one of my votes. I just cant see much difference in the technical aspects. Both entries show a single object with flavor around it. I admit my star coordinates suck atm as I just said Alpha Centauri System and Mining Asteroid 457.3 but I have yet to find out how I actually have to do galactic coordinates.

This being said, I will modify my challenge. I just like to know what I am done wrong so I can avoid it for the next challenges.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Actually my entry has also been "questioned" as to whether it completely meets all of the challenge criteria.

Once it was pointed out to me and I re-read the criteria, I agreed that it was missing something. I'm still working on some ideas and I hope to post an update sometime in the next few days.

@Sagenlicht - Thanks for your comments on my entry.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post For a planet, how about a satelite map?

I think a great way to do a one planet space map is to show its satelite system, those natural and artificial orbiting bodies with their respective orbits.

You could show important communications, and spy satelites, moons, defense platforms, interplanetary/interstellar orbiting naval ports and other similar useable orbiting platforms.

Just an idea.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept

How often does the thumbnails script update?

Blog Entries

I have to manually run it which I do about once a day or whenever I see significant updates / new entries. I tend to run it several times right near the end of the month too to ensure that were all up to date. The image links to the last image it saw but the person links to the thread so you should look at the thread to see the very latest updates. But I'll run it now.

Guild Adept

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast