View Poll Results: What type of map would you like to create to celebrate the Guild's 10th birthday?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyone designs their own square within a landmass which Robbie will provide

11 47.83%
  • We make our own separate islands which will be merged into an archipelago map

3 13.04%
  • Everyone creates their own room as part of a larger dungeon-style map

9 39.13%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sites 10th Birthday is coming next month! Let's celebrate!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Sites 10th Birthday is coming next month! Let's celebrate!

I just noticed that yesterday was the tenth anniversary of the guild! My first post was made here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=336 on 4-20-2006!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That's awesome.
    Happy birthday Guild!!
    I'm glad you started this Robbie, and a special thanks to all those CLs and early members that got the ball rolling, that all of us now enjoy.
    Cheers to Bogie, who I believe has managed all the Lite challenges, where most of us started out.

And thanks to everyone in the community who have helped to make this one of the most helpful and friendly forums on the net. I owe a great debt of gratitude to all of the other artists here who have given of their time to offer tutorials and constrictive criticism that have helped me improve my own skill in this craft. I consider myself very blessed to be a part of this community.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I'd have known this a little earlier because I would have attempted to plan something!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

We could still do something belated... maybe a fun one week challenge or something for the weekend.
    I'd join in that.

A huge "Thank you" to all of you for building this awesome place. Live long an prosper and happy birthday !

Thomas

Happy Birthday!

There was that map the guild challenge a while back... maybe something along such lines?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

YAY! Happy Birthday Cartographer's Guild!

I've really enjoyed my time here even though it only started at the end of 2014. I only learned of this site through the Campaign Cartographer's website as they have a link for resources.

In my time here I have come to really appreciate everyone and everything that goes on in the guild. You all have been so helpful and kind. I have never seen the level of kindness people have shown in this guild anywhere else on the Internet. It has been amazing. I've enjoyed interacting with people from all around the world on this site and learning from everyone. I've enjoyed seeing all of the different styles of artwork and the selection of resources available here are outstanding. I've been able to learn about software that I didn't know existed to help with mapping. I've been able to talk with people about techniques of doing things that I never would have learned anywhere else. So thank you again Cartographer's Guild for one of the best experiences of my life.

Doing something to celebrate the birthday of the guild sounds awesome!

That is cool! I've been a member here since the guild was a little over a year old, before there was such a thing as the Lite Challenge. I'm told that the monthly challenge was kind of dying or losing attention at the time I started participating, so feel I helped keep that ball rolling with my regular challenge participation in the first 2 years I was a member. I consider the guild and its monthly challenges significant enough, that I put in my 4 Gold Compass Awards I've earned here, in my personal resume under Awards and Honors. Hope to still be a member at the 20 year anniversary!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

We're trying to put together something fun to do.
    We'll keep everyone posted on that.

Edit - That's great GP. I hope to be here for that 20 year thing as well.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast