Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
ah ah!! chimneys!!

Great work John, I love al the tiny details! the carriage traces, the flowers, and the dotted arrows to show underpasses!!
I agree, v2 text blends better
Thanks Tom
I wasn't sure about the dotted underpasses but I did want to try something so people knew that was what they were.
The flowers were for Larb. She had done some in one of her maps that I commented on and I wanted to include some in more of my maps.
Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
Looks great - you seem to have a thing for circular layouts! Reminds me I need to actually get some stuff done/finished.
Yeah, I realized when sketching it that I was sort of 'Sagemounding' it a bit.
It was more to do that central round building - like the one at top in Haerlech. It's fun to do the round roof lines but a pain to do the shadows.
nd yes - need more new Larb maps. It's been a while. I feel like something is missing in my life
Oh, and like I said to Tom - the flowers were a nod to you - you remind me to include more flowers in my scenes.
Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
As I mentioned on DA, I think you've got a nice attractive style here with just the right amount of detail for the objectives you set. I can't offer any advice on how to speed up your work-flow since I myself have exactly the same problem as you. My town maps take entirely too long to create, something which I hope to work on in the near future. Very nice job on this, sorry I can't rep you just now.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh
Ah yes, it is the classic quandary - how to shorten the time of city mapping to make it more cost effective.
It's still a problem. I have some work coming up with larger cities and I really need to find a way to reduce that time requirement.
People see Menzheim and Haerlech and they're like can we do that? And I think - sure, if you can afford to pay for that many hours.
Which is usually no. So yes, must find faster ways that don't compromise too much.
This was a good test. Helped me see where my time is spent most - line work. Well, and maybe shading.