Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powell House

Aw, this is just gorgeous! I absolutely love how you've done those trees. They capture that story-book feel beautifully. It looks like a lovely place to live and grow up!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Outstanding details.
    Thanks Sap
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    What a wonderful piece. It's doubly so knowing the backstory to it. Very nice work J. Color and layout are as always, beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you Arsheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Wow how great, I'm sure they will love this and cherish it for years, once again, incredibly inspirational.
    Thanks snodsy. It's nice to be part of commission like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    So cool! It's very well done. And I love the reason behind it.
    Thanks Tony. Yep, I do too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Superbe. I love the way you let the trees go out of the margin and the reflection in the water of the pound. You masters all the details of your drawing, your client must be happy .
    Thanks Warlin. First time trying to do the reflection. It turned out alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Oh I am indeed happy! This is fantastic isn't it? I can't wait to give a printed version to my daughter to use as a treasure map or whatever to fuel her imagination. She's going to grow up to be a little navigator. Maybe at our 20 year anniversary she'll be running things around here. Thanks so much for taking this commission J.

Posted mobile using Tapatalk
    It was a pleasure to work on this with you Robbie. I hope it becomes something special for her.
    That would be pretty cool to have 2 generations running the show here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    Looking great, you make to many maps for my repping capabilities. Also like others have stated a great reason for making this map
    Thanks Barek, and no worries on rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Wow, man. The perspective is amazing. It really feels as though you could jump right into the map.
    Thank you D. The perspective took a bit to get right. Tried it several ways before ending here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    J. Once again, you have created something that just blows me away.. this is absolutely beautiful! I love the fact that you created the storybook feel by labeling special places... like Molly's Trees... it gives the childhood home a magical feel to it.

I also love the leaf border underneath... a lovely soft touch. It's fantastic! I'd rep if could... but I think it's been too soon! You make too many outstanding maps!
    Thank you ladiestorm. I had all of it done, except that leaf border, and felt it needed something and just wanted to work in some leaves somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Aw, this is just gorgeous! I absolutely love how you've done those trees. They capture that story-book feel beautifully. It looks like a lovely place to live and grow up!
    Thanks ChickPea. I'm getting a lot of chances to work on my trees lately.

That's incredible. It tells a lot of story in and of itself.

Yeah, now I really want to do a map of our backyard... Or maybe I should just commission you.

The perspective is amazing on this, trees are awesome, as well as the house, the pond. Well, everything!

What a sweet idea for your daughter Robbie. I hope it gets much use.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wonderful work John! It really has this "tree house adventure" feeling to it. Thanks for sharing and ofc thanks to Robbie for making it all happen in the first place
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Love this map, it looks like it belongs in a high end children's adventure book!

Splendid map. Your maps are so detailed it's pretty impossible to see everything without looking, and looking again! I would have loved to have such a map of my house and neighbourhood when I was a kid (you have a beautiful property Robbie, btw!).

Very nice map, and very nice property!

You really know how to sell landscape, the map is amazing and the names are the cherries on top of the cake, as always !

You have no idea how much I like this. This is wonderful! I think I might have to emulate this for my family as Christmas gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    That's incredible. It tells a lot of story in and of itself.

Yeah, now I really want to do a map of our backyard... Or maybe I should just commission you.

The perspective is amazing on this, trees are awesome, as well as the house, the pond. Well, everything!

What a sweet idea for your daughter Robbie. I hope it gets much use.
    Thanks Josiah. You should try it. It's a good challenge doing real world locations.
    I'd love to see what you'd do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Wonderful work John! It really has this "tree house adventure" feeling to it. Thanks for sharing and ofc thanks to Robbie for making it all happen in the first place
    Thanks Abu, and to Robbie as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Love this map, it looks like it belongs in a high end children's adventure book!
    Thanks so much Bogie. That is an awesome compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendid map. Your maps are so detailed it's pretty impossible to see everything without looking, and looking again! I would have loved to have such a map of my house and neighbourhood when I was a kid (you have a beautiful property Robbie, btw!).
    Thanks Ilanthar. Yeah, that would have been very cool to have as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Very nice map, and very nice property!
    Thanks Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    You really know how to sell landscape, the map is amazing and the names are the cherries on top of the cake, as always !
    Thanks Thomas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayharchitect View Post
    You have no idea how much I like this. This is wonderful! I think I might have to emulate this for my family as Christmas gifts.
    Thanks Jay If you do, post it. I'd love to see what you'd do for a christmas card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12