Thread: Adding Stains to Old Paper Textures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey Josiah, that's a nice mini-tut. The texture you made looks very good and has a nice big size! . For practical use, i often need to lower the opacity of these crumpled papers, since the "crumples" come out pretty strong usually. What are your experiences with them? Maybe they just need a little more ironing
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Josiah, that's a nice mini-tut. The texture you made looks very good and has a nice big size! . For practical use, i often need to lower the opacity of these crumpled papers, since the "crumples" come out pretty strong usually. What are your experiences with them? Maybe they just need a little more ironing
    Thanks Abu!
    I actually haven't used crumpled paper textures a lot, and now testing with this one I think you're right so I would probably blend it with another flatter texture. If I make another old paper texture with tea I'll make it less crumpled.
    The original texture was much brighter so in photoshop I darkened it a bit and put it under some of my other maps to test it and it looked quite nice.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM