Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Troll Mountain

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Hello !

Your perspective trick works really good ! You choose the right format (vertical) to improve that effect, and when you start looking at the map from bottom to the top, it's like if you're lifting your head to look further... Amazing !!!

A really great job !!!

Thanks Jo for the comment and rep. Abu Lafia, thanks for the comments and your critique on the labels, I agee, I'm not 100% sure of the labels yet. Falconius, thanks for the advice on the rights issue. Hopefully finish this up this week.

Another perfect and absorbing Snodsy map

Please can I ask what Abu means by "stroked" labels? I don't use PS, so don't understand what is meant.

Fabulous!
    Maybe I missed something but why does the perspective merge into top down?
    Anyway, it's a wonderful map.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Another perfect and absorbing Snodsy map

Please can I ask what Abu means by "stroked" labels? I don't use PS, so don't understand what is meant.
    Hey mouse, to answer your question: in many programs, PS, gimp but also inkscape for example, you can add a line around the text (and all other objects/ layers). It is often used for the labels (names) on maps (at least, i like to do it ) to highlight them more / make them more readable due to the contrast. In this case it's the light-greyish line around the text, that i find a bit too broad (it "overwhelms" the original text, so to speak). I'm not sure if it is the right terminology or makes sense to speak of stroked labels in this case, but i hope you got what i meant.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Perfectly. Thanks

EDIT: In CC3 terminology we would just call this an outline. However, with text we generally use what we call a 'glow', where the text may be white, for instance, and the glow a much darker colour or black. A CC3 glow is different to your stroke because it fades away like the edge of a uniform shadow.
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-30-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Mouse, in photoshop you can outline (stroke) and glow, alot of times I use a thin 1pt stroke and then an outer glow of the same color of stroke, this gives a nice sharp edge to the type before fading. Thanks Abu for jumping in

Josiah VE - I was trying something I hadn't done before was a "Bird's Eye View" - looking straight down you see the staring point of the journey (top down, then as the BIRD looks outward it sees the journey in front of them and a more front view perspective, just trying something to see if it would work, I like it.

You like it... I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You like it... I love it
    I have to concur.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123