Yep.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2182

worth looking at them all but post #8 movie is the one you will find most interesting. Thats about putting web links down onto a map. Those web links can be to a wiki of course which is how most people use them.

Its very easy to do but unfortunately this app isnt free.

For free then Google Maps can do it but its a pain to set up and tag links into. Google Earth is also free and must be able to do it but I dont know how or how easy. You can look at WorldWind which also must be able to do it too though again I haven't so don't know how hard.

Another option is to make a web page and put down links onto the image. They are called "image maps" and you will need to edit the html code to put them in. For what you want tho you would get out an image editor look at the image coords for the map where you want the link and put in some pretty standard code in to make the hot spot there. Still, thats not completely without hassle but is the most "open source" of all the ways I know. Oh yes, and you will need to add an image tack to it too because image maps are invisible.