Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nov / Dec 2016 Lite Challenge:Abu's Flying Island of Asun

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I really, really like it. I don't know why, but for me it somehow reminds me of those old pulp fantasy stories. This would fit right in with a "Conan" or "...of Mars" story.

It also means I likely won't join the challenge as my idea was conceptually rather close to your's.

Thanks a lot Wired, i'm glad you like it! As i mentioned before, i love the classic pulp/weird fantasy and scifi stuff a lot.
    About joining the challenge: I think the theme of this month's challenge is very specific with the given task and my own interpretation is rather generic i think (the river falling from the edge of a flying island is one of the most common tropes in high fantasy art imo! ). But i think this shouldn't be a problem at all. Although i like "art" in it's broadest sense (whatever that is^^), i'm totally sceptical about the idea of something like absolute originality or creativity (Der Künstler, das Genie ) in art, or better in all kinds of cultural production. So the most interesting thing for me is to see the individual takes, interpretations or "remixes" even if there are (necessary) similarities. To make a long story short, i'd love to see your idea!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Very attractive illustration Abu! A fine entry indeed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234