Thread: December 2008 Entry: Siege - The Defense of Long Fallen Urak

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Info December 2008 Entry: Siege - The Defense of Long Fallen Urak

OK, I'm finally going to get away from my Desert Planet of Khuutath. This is a take on a idea I had for my homebrew campaign setting.

"Long ago, the city of Urak was renowned as a center of great learning. Museums, bard colleges, mage schools and other institutes of higher learning were located throughout the city.

The citizens of Urak became arrogant, thought themselves better that the rest of the world. They thought the city ultimately safe due to the large population of powerful mages, clerics , etc. They were confident that should any force threaten the city, the powerful spell-casters resident in the city would be more than adequate to defend it.

In 2568 BG (Before Gods-Fall) a horde of humanoids swept down out of the nearby Stormfang mountains and devastated the city. The horde was so huge and attacked with such speed and savagery that the city was overrun very quickly.

Striving to save the vast amounts of magical artifacts and accumulated knowledge it was decided to move what could not be easily transported to the vast vaults below the Great Library of Ard. Where they would be magically sealed away to be retrieved at a later date.

Defense of the vaults was turned over to a select group of guardians who successfully fulfilled there obligation for many generations. Membership in this group became a family tradition passed down through the following years.

Then the horror of Gods Fall happened, and everything changed. Knowledge of this vast store of magic was lost to all but a few who maintained their guardianship over the Library and its vaults.

In 547 AG (After God's Fall) a priest of the Tyrant God Vhokuun discovered the whereabouts of the vaults, and in time gathered a powerful force determined to invade the ruins of Urak and plunder the vaults.

One of the few remaining guardians discovered information regarding this and did whatever they could to rally forces to defend the Library and the contents of the vault.
    "

The map concentrates upon the final defense of the Library and its surroundings. Here is a preview of that area.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Urak Ruins.png 
Views:	328 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	8227  
    Last edited by jfrazierjr; 12-06-2008 at 11:06 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.