Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Syrigari Map

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Now that's a great map! (Although I do prefer the second, less-dark one.) I might have to steal that method of city/town ID - it looks really good.

I have been taking my time looking at this map now and then before saying anything, because I find it really far too dark, but the reason I keep coming back again is because its a great map under all that gloom. I'd love to see it in 'daylight' colours

It may also be that my cheap screen is half dead, and that what I perceive as being 'way too dark' is in fact just mid-tone

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

That map looks fantastic! Even with the darker color I still really enjoy the look of this map. I love the way you have drawn your mountains and your trees. the compass looks wonderful and your border has an interesting pattern in the corners that I like.

Often where I live can look about that dark so it seems more natural to me. There is almost always a cloud cover where I live and the level of dark on this map mimics that very well. It looks to me like the map represents about 5 P.M. on a cloudy day in my part of the world. Even the terrain mimics it. I have large pine forests, massive mountains, a few cities and the ocean all right here. This map almost makes me think I am looking at a map of my home.

The town of Errinkivi is set right about where I would be in relation to the mountain range. the larger mountain at the north of the range would be Mount Olympus in Washington State. Then as you go more north, it would curve into Canada and finally end up in Alaska.

I love this map, great job on it!

I really like this style. The trees and mountains come together nicely.

Wonderful job Kelleri! Indeed the map has a nice dark/grim atmosphere to it, and i think it fits greatly with the background you described. Love these simple yet effective mountains and can only echo the praise for the lovely labels. Keep up the great work, i always enjoy your beautiful maps a lot (even if i forgot to comment or rep them in the past, i'm very well aware of them )!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I don't know how this slipped by me, as I've been on the Guild a fair bit recently. The thick mountain lines work really well and have such a nice curve to them. The texture is spot on along with the simple border and heading box. I don't think it's too dark at all; with your neat linework and lovely labels, everything is still so clear and oozes from the darkness beautifully.

Gorgeous work all around Kelleri.

Thank you ever so much, everyone!

I'm really looking forward to devoloping this setting further. I think some city maps might be in order next.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Come and join in the fun over at Guild City - if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Come and join in the fun over at Guild City - if you like
    You know, I just might I've been eyeing it for a while now, pondering on whether or not I should join in.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Everyone is welcome. Its a community project

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast