Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sunset Coast and The Middling Realms

Great job Thomrey!!
    The maps are wonderful, much fuller than your regular style, but along with the illustrations and other details, it works fabulously.
    The illustrations are fantastic, and that crest is top notch.

I find it so neat the Daniel made the same set of maps. It's fun to compare styles (both are equally great).
    I find this perhaps one of your most impressive maps, Thomrey!

p.s. Please don't tell me you drew the forests by hand... that's a crazy amount of little details.

p.p.s. The titles of the thread being the same is going to be so confusing.
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 02-02-2017 at 11:19 AM.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Well that was a nice treat. A very cool idea to let two different mappers do the same world in different styles.

Congratulations on your awesome maps. I really dig them.
    For me, i really like your maps when zoomed in, and Daniel's when zoomed out. I get a better feel for the overall lay of the land from Daniel's maps but for the details i really like yours better. So in other words, they complement each other very well.

Very well done, both of you!
    And a big thanks to the author as well, not only for the idea but also for allowing us to see the maps in a very good resolution.

And shortly, i am going to repost this (with slight alterations ) to Daniel's thread.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Wow thomrey, this is really good stuff and it must have taken a lot of your time. C'est magnifique beaucoup

I can't rep you right now because I repped you for making me laugh recently But rest assured I'll try to return when I can. Good work mate, good work indeed and I may have to buy these books when they're published then catch a Eurostar to get your autograph on them. I'm sure the first person I see in Gara Du Nord will tell me where thomrey lives

Hey Thomas, great to see these maps finished! It turned out absolutely wonderful, and i can only agree, can't wait to see a picture of the printed versions in the book! To compare them with Dan's versions is really cool, since both your sets are so different and awesome in their own way.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Great job Thomrey!!
    The maps are wonderful, much fuller than your regular style, but along with the illustrations and other details, it works fabulously.
    The illustrations are fantastic, and that crest is top notch.

I find it so neat the Daniel made the same set of maps. It's fun to compare styles (both are equally great).
    I find this perhaps one of your most impressive maps, Thomrey!

p.s. Please don't tell me you drew the forests by hand... that's a crazy amount of little details.

p.p.s. The titles of the thread being the same is going to be so confusing.
    Thanks Josiah ! Yeah the maps are pretty busy but it was a fun challenge to make it work. Had to remove, move many things to make it work properly but I'm happy with the end result.

About the trees ... for the first map I-drew-every-single-stroke ... for map 2, I drew one tree ... and copied pasted then moved it more than 30 000 times. Hopefully for map 3 I found way to cut the time spent by three

Quote Originally Posted by Eliathen View Post
    Well that was a nice treat. A very cool idea to let two different mappers do the same world in different styles.

Congratulations on your awesome maps. I really dig them.
    For me, i really like your maps when zoomed in, and Daniel's when zoomed out. I get a better feel for the overall lay of the land from Daniel's maps but for the details i really like yours better. So in other words, they complement each other very well.

Very well done, both of you!
    And a big thanks to the author as well, not only for the idea but also for allowing us to see the maps in a very good resolution.

And shortly, i am going to repost this (with slight alterations ) to Daniel's thread.
    Thanks for the praise Eliathen

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Wow thomrey, this is really good stuff and it must have taken a lot of your time. C'est magnifique beaucoup

I can't rep you right now because I repped you for making me laugh recently But rest assured I'll try to return when I can. Good work mate, good work indeed and I may have to buy these books when they're published then catch a Eurostar to get your autograph on them. I'm sure the first person I see in Gara Du Nord will tell me where thomrey lives
    Thanks Straf and thanks for the effort in french ! I'd be glad to se you in Paris but I doubt anyone would know me BTW I live near Gare du Nord.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Thomas, great to see these maps finished! It turned out absolutely wonderful, and i can only agree, can't wait to see a picture of the printed versions in the book! To compare them with Dan's versions is really cool, since both your sets are so different and awesome in their own way.
    Thanks a lot Martin, for your comment and your advices ! Your help was really precious. I hope I'll be able to post that photo soon Both maps are different, it was one of the great part of the job, being able to have those two points of view.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I saw the post about these maps on the guilds facebook page and just had to come see them. Wonderful looking maps! Congratulations on such an awesome commission, especially with the little gift at the end

Hehe, good guess by me. When I come to Paris I'll buy you a drink for sure. And maybe a Toulon shirt to show you who really rules France's rugby right now

Default Amazing maps

Amazing maps brother. Such detail with mostly just black and white plus some gray tone.

I for one liked the forests of map 3. Thought it's unique enough to be cool, and it was well done, even if unconventional.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    I saw the post about these maps on the guilds facebook page and just had to come see them. Wonderful looking maps! Congratulations on such an awesome commission, especially with the little gift at the end
    Thanks a lot Tonnichiwa, glad you like them. The gift was indeed a very nice attention

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Hehe, good guess by me. When I come to Paris I'll buy you a drink for sure. And maybe a Toulon shirt to show you who really rules France's rugby right now
    Yeah, I know the Stade Toulousain ain't what it used to be anymore ...

Quote Originally Posted by RafaelLVX View Post
    Amazing maps brother. Such detail with mostly just black and white plus some gray tone.

I for one liked the forests of map 3. Thought it's unique enough to be cool, and it was well done, even if unconventional.
    Muito obrigado RafaelLVX

Gorgeous work, Thomas! All the maps are attractive, though the first one is my favourite. I love the textured feel of the land. It works beautifully without ever losing legibility. Your illustrations are fabulous too. Just great work all round!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast