Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kingdom of Ushan (Unfinished Commission)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yay, a Sheeshmap! Looks good, man. Nice false perspective with the mountains and forests, and your drawing skills are impeccable as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindBlake View Post
    You sure have some drawing skills! This castle is incredibly detailed yet simple, very nice job. The "water drape" looks great too.
    Thank you BlindBlake. I'm still working on improving like everyone else here, but I appreciate the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Beautiful! I really love those forests and grassy hills. Your caroony style is wonderful.
    To me the water somehow looks like it's above the land... only sometimes though.
    Thanks Josiah. Yeah I see your point. I think it's because the water is a bit more rendered than the land. Might have to play around with this some more in future maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendid! You have a knack for drawing octopus and krakens. I'm also in love with those faeric cities!
    Sure, it looks a bit empty, but what you have is really gorgeous.
    Thanks Ilanthar!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Yay, a Sheeshmap! Looks good, man. Nice false perspective with the mountains and forests, and your drawing skills are impeccable as usual.
    Thanks Diamond! It's encouraging to here that. I still see many areas for improvement myself. I think we are always more critical when it comes to our own work. So it's nice to here such positive feedback from other artists whose opinions I respect.

I love this style of yours, the coloring and forest as spectacular. Only issue I have it seems the water lines are a little large? (thickness/length??, not sure what) are somewhat out of scale with the rest. However the really like the water line treatment.

The hills are also really nicely done. Great job have some reps!

Everything in this map has such a wonderfully light-handed "swing" to it. The mountains and these grassy hills are just splendid. I'd just love to see more of your fantastic buildings on future maps!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

This is a lovely map, and I'm a little sorry that it's not finished. The castle with the red turrets is fantastic! I'd love to have seen more icons in this style dotted throughout the map. The sea monster is terrifyingly awesome too.

Nice work all round and great to see something new from you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

outstanding work, Arsheesh! It's been a while since I've seen any of your work come by and I must say I'm glad I didn't miss this one! It really is a gorgeous piece: light and detailed all the same, which is a very difficult task to do! Don't worry about the lack of labelling - it leaves a little wiggle room for the dreamers
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice one Arsheesh, the forests ar just lovely ! Not too fond of the coastlines though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12