Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atallas -- Commission

Beautiful piece of art you've got there Wired!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I really love the painterly forests ! Did you use linework then deleted it or did you go full paint right away ?
    I use two custom brushes (vaguely tree-shaped, the one more coniferous, the other more deciduous), with the color dynamics set to 100% Foreground/Background jitter and slight variations to hue, saturation and brightness. There's shape dynamics and some slight scattering involed as well. Once the actual tree shapes are in place, I put another layer beneath those, using the first color I used in the trees and a sponge-like brush to fill in the space beneath. At the stage shown in Atallas the approach still lacks a good deal of shading, and - in my opinion - a slight bit more definition wouldn't hurt, too. I'll try an updated approach in my Post-Cataclysm USA WIP within the next days, so be sure to stick around there. If it works as I hope it does, I'll post a "how to". If it doesn't, I'll post a "how not to".
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Beautiful piece of art you've got there Wired!
    Thank you, Daniel.

Great map Wired!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Excellent map, Wired! A lot of details, interesting shapes and a very good color palette with an efficient contrast.

Yeah the red linework strikes again! I think it's my favourite map of yours so far. The landshape and the geographic features work so well together! The painterly style and the smooth colours are just brilliant. The only thing i'm not too fond of are the rather strong outlines on the title and "major labels". Nonetheless a wonderful map Wired. Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 03-22-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12