Thread: Medieval map creation project, give me your thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Damn. I mean, damn! I'm still new to this forum, but that is probably the most awesome map I have seen here. Great work man

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm with ya Xiao...it simply blows me away when I see the artistic maps and I beat myself about the head wishing I could that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here we have the latest version of the map. I have tried to replace some of my textures especially the grass plains (the light yellow) and the hills (the brown one) without success. I will get back to them later.
    As said in previous posting I have been focusing on correcting errors and blending the mountains to the surrounding terrains. In addition to that here is a list of major updates
    -Floating Ice to the northern seas
    -Numerous new places of interest (and some of them have special markers).
    -Road curviness corrections in open landscape and highlighting the cities.
    -New texture to rivers and lakes (to add more running feeling into the rivers and removing the swimming pool effect of the old lakes).

One of the nextbig tasks is to get the northern glacier finished. I'm not good in making ice, so it's going to be tought...
    And apologies for the Finnish language in the map. This is due to the fact that the map is used in our roleplaying campaign here in Finland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Highlevel v2.jpg 
Views:	667 
Size:	4.59 MB 
ID:	8945  

Great job. Keep it up and it will be perfect!
    As I've said before, I love those mountains.
    Are you trying to get some mountans under the glacier?