Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: January Entry: The Lost Continent

You have a good point there. Ill use Oxford Runes

Okay I added 3 notes for now just to show u how it would look, so that if u guys do like it i can add more, and if u dont i can remove them. I dont care for the notes myself that much, but I do like the fading on the words
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bookbig5.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	9436  
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

I don't really like how it turned out (but I don't think you need to fill the white space).

Okay since (if Im correct) tomorrow is when the voting starts, then I guess I better change the Latest WIP, since the thumbnail that redrobes has is from a picture someone else posted...

Also, Ill include a portion of the actual size.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EntryBook2.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	9601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Entry.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	9602  
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

Thats a great entry bryguy

Any chance you could tell me how you did the pages of the book? I'll have to do something similar for my gaming group soon and allready tried to do this once and gave up after a few mins
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenlicht View Post
    Thats a great entry bryguy

Any chance you could tell me how you did the pages of the book? I'll have to do something similar for my gaming group soon and allready tried to do this once and gave up after a few mins
    thanks

sure, as soon as I get some time Ill tell you how, kinda busy for a couple days

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I second the Sage, that would be a cool technique to know just for general knowledge.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I second the Sage, that would be a cool technique to know just for general knowledge.
    its really simple, but it looks really cool

Without going into much depth, you have to have a layer for each page (I go with 15 pages) then basically use the selection tool to make a parchment like selection, but make one side of the selection straight. Then fill it with your color. Deselect, go on to your next layer, then do that again, but shift it over slightly. Keep doing that until you have the look you want. Then if your lazy, copy all the layers, put the copies above the others, and rearrange them and flip them vertically to what you like, and the pages look different on the opposite side that way. Then use the burn tool on each of the layers, add a drop shadow, find a way to add texture that u like (I create a new layer, get the selection of all the pages, do plasma, desaturate it, and set it to overlay) and your done

thats just a basic overview of what I did tho, not very specific

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678