Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: December 2017 Challenge: Dragoton Arena

Its looking lovely, Zora. That's certainly a very friendly looking dragon

I'm looking forward to seeing the colour

Thanks Mouse! Glad you like it! It just did the first part of the coloring-process - pencil coloring (it's watercolor pencils), the next will be water, but I am a little scared of that, because I just realized that the pen I used instead of my usual pens (which I don't have with me here) is not water proof, so I'm scared of ruining it once I put water on it. o.o Anyway... here's the update! Btw, it's wanted that that the water is a bit criss-crossed (otherwise it tends to become directional which looks weird for water and it takes hours to get out of the finished picture in my experience...)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buntstifte_Dragoton_Arena.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	520.5 KB 
ID:	102764

I like the colours!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I hope it goes well, Zora! I've been playing around with water colour pencils recently and you can get some really lovely effects.

Even if it's not complete waterproof, hopefully your ink will at least have enough resistance to work in the colours nicely.

Yeah it's not water-proof and it did change a few things that I didn't actually want this way, but well... I gotta stay relaxed and work it into the picture ^^' kinda got no other choice... At least the dragon is mostly black so some more black is hopefully not going to ruin the picture completely there... I did start the watercoloring process and there are things that are not developing the way I wanted them to, but I've gotta work what I got. Stay relaxed and stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to edit in the WIP. It's half watercolored right now. Not really satisfied with all of it, but well...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Half_Watercolored_Dragoton_Arena.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	102796
    Last edited by ZoraSpringer; 12-30-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Forgot the WIP

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I'm looking forward to see what the watercolor will do when added with the pencil. I don’t know that method and I’m curious to see what it does !

I’m also looking forward to see the whole picture : I like what I’m seeing with the buildings for now !

I like your piece and the story that goes with it !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

it looks good to me. I like the way the water dissolve the pencil... effect for water is great !

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

From what I can tell, this is looking pretty good Zora! The black doesn't look like it's run too much, so you must have a helluva steady hand.

The water looks nice with the netting, but I really love the housing at the top the most which now really pop out!

Oh its lovely

Nowhere near as bad as you were making it sound!

Maybe a larger image for the final one?

You can upload an image up to 9.4 MB

Yes I will send a larger image. This was all mobile phone but for the last one I will use my mom's System camera. Usually I would go to the library to scan but here I can't. This is bigger than A4 and I'm at my parents sooo no scanning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast