Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oria World Map

Map Oria World Map

A commissioned world map for a private rpg campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oria_by_AbuLafia_Final_Comp.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	104888

The client wanted to place the icons and labels in the course of the campaign himself, so it looks a bit empty.
    Part of the world is the Island of Baelevar in the Sea of Radiance. Thomas made the lovely b/w map of that place.
    Critique and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated.
    Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Apprentice

Nice. I really like the canyons/chasms in the south west.

Nice , love the color tones.

Nice looking canyons and mountains. A very fine piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Glad to see you back in action, Abu - I've missed your maps! And a very nice piece indeed. I do agree that the map does look a tad empty, but considering the circumstances that is understandable. The compass rose neatly in the middle is a nice touch, and I like the design of it too. Simple, yet effective. I am a sucker for this kind of muted and greyish color scheme in general, and this map is no exception.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you have a wonderfully unique style, and I absolutely adore it. You, sir, are a damn fine cartographer. A fine piece to add to your portfolio. Cheers!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I'm so glad to see it finished ! Our client had sent me a WIP a while ago and it was already so promising ! I'm glad to see you back around those parts Martin and with such a great map Rep will have to wait but I won't forget it

Very nice world map with a color palette that is definitely yours. I also love the title.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I love it!
    Many thanks Kacey. Glad you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenan View Post
    Nice. I really like the canyons/chasms in the south west.
    Thank you Kenan! The chasm / canyon was fun to do, but it's the part on the map, i'm the least satisfied with actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Nice , love the color tones.
    Thnks a lot Naima. I fiddled a lot with the colours. First it was way darker and more cold, and i just couldn't stand the view of it anymore. So i changed it to brighter and warmer tones and the motivation working on the piece came back easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Nice looking canyons and mountains. A very fine piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you Arsheesh. Much appreciated! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Glad to see you back in action, Abu - I've missed your maps! And a very nice piece indeed. I do agree that the map does look a tad empty, but considering the circumstances that is understandable. The compass rose neatly in the middle is a nice touch, and I like the design of it too. Simple, yet effective. I am a sucker for this kind of muted and greyish color scheme in general, and this map is no exception.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you have a wonderfully unique style, and I absolutely adore it. You, sir, are a damn fine cartographer. A fine piece to add to your portfolio. Cheers!
    Many thanks Kelleri! Greatly appreciate your nice comments. You know the adoration is mutual! :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I'm so glad to see it finished ! Our client had sent me a WIP a while ago and it was already so promising ! I'm glad to see you back around those parts Martin and with such a great map Rep will have to wait but I won't forget it
    Thanks my friend! It took me a bit longer indeed. Glad you like the result. Try to post a bit more in the future (fingers crossed) :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Excellent job! And welcome back
    Thank you Francesca. I'm glad to be back...and not the least to follow your marvelous work more closely
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice world map with a color palette that is definitely yours. I also love the title.
    Thanks Ilanthar. Much appreciated! It's actually the first time, i used a kind of "normal" biome pallete on a world map and your maps have always been a great inspiration regarding colours & tone.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast