Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post June 2018 Challenge:The Maya Maelstrom

June 2018 Challenge: The Maya Maelstrom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Astral Sea.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	107887
    This map is designed for a role-play adventure of an exploration of a part of the Astral plane. The frontier is the Maya Maelstrom.
    The program used was Pixelmator. In the particular adventure this map will be presented to the party by a mage who has created an illusion of this section of the Astral plane and then annotated the page. The problem with mapping the astral plane is that the "bodies" drift in the space. I used the Flare 1 Brush

Suggestions welcome.

Acacia

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia Rose View Post
    June 2018 Challenge: The Maya Maelstrom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Astral Sea.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	107887
    This map is designed for a role-play adventure of an exploration of a part of the Astral plane. The frontier is the Maya Maelstrom.
    The program used was Pixelmator. In the particular adventure this map will be presented to the party by a mage who has created an illusion of this section of the Astral plane and then annotated the page. The problem with mapping the astral plane is that the "bodies" drift in the space. I used the Flare 1 Brush

Suggestions welcome.

Acacia
    It's really amazing

Default Thank you!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia Rose View Post
    Thank you.
    I'm really liking the "out of this dimension" idea as a frontier, very cool! I really enjoy the simplicity of it, seeing that there is no traditional direction on the Astral Plane.

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I'm really liking the "out of this dimension" idea as a frontier, very cool! I really enjoy the simplicity of it, seeing that there is no traditional direction on the Astral Plane.
    A good point, I left the compass rose layer in but it does not really apply to the astral plane. I will have to think of what to replace it with.