Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 2018 Challenge: Northern Octerraca

Default July 2018 Challenge: Northern Octerraca

Hello fellows! I really like the open ended feel of this challenge so here goes nothing.
    Choices.jpg
    I initially picked #9, because I've been dwelling in tropical and subtropical regions in my Pathfinder campaign, and well sometimes snow and ice is a lot of fun to create! I used #4 & #8 as spice for flavor more or less, but my real choice remains in #9.

In my world making journey I haven't strayed much off the path of my original continent, which remains unnamed, so I decided to birth the tippy top of a new continent, dubbed Octerraca.
    Northern Octerraca, by Ian Ringler.jpg
    I've been on a binge of inspiration since I started with my #2 Ticonderoga pencil, and so far I'm please with the progress! I decided to step up the ante a bit since my last challenge was a bit of an experimentation botch, so I hope you enjoy!

-IR
    Last edited by Adfor; 07-25-2018 at 08:03 PM.

This is going to be wonderful! The floral decoration at the side is gorgeous.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Super promising start, Adfor ! I already love your coastline !

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is going to be wonderful! The floral decoration at the side is gorgeous.
    Thank you, ChickPea! I wanted to get a feel for the flora of the area so I figured, what a better way? I'm glad you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Super promising start, Adfor ! I already love your coastline !
    Thanks, Misty! I hope it conveys the arctic coastline feel. Soon as life slows down a bit, I'm going to be starting on the glacier that occupies most of the northern pole, above what I believe will be named Snowbird Island.

Very nice start! This is quite promising and yes, your coastlines are chilly .

A wild update appears! *poof*
    Northern Octerraca, by Ian Ringler2.jpg
    (Not sure why it appears sideways, should appear fine after clicky)

So I've added the glacier that makes up most of the north pole of Mu (the planet's name), which is most likely gonna be another continent in of itself, just covered in ice.

My next culprits are the border, scale, compass, and gathering names.

Critiques welcome!

-IR
    Last edited by Adfor; 07-25-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Very nice work so far, eager to see more of this one

I love this one - it looks very icy already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice start! This is quite promising and yes, your coastlines are chilly .
    *high five* Score!

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    Very nice work so far, eager to see more of this one
    Thanks, Weery! I've been getting out of my comfort zone with bordering on this one, something I've never done.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    I love this one - it looks very icy already.
    Woot! Thanks, Neyasha!

Much has gone into this border project, a skill I'm not super keen on, so what better way to hone my skills than a challenge!?!
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Northern Octerraca, by Ian Ringler3.jpg

What with a new job and a generally busy life, it took me a good while of touch and go attempts to finish most of the bordering, and I think I may just have surprised myself!

Also got the compass fabricated, now I just need to get to the scale done. I'll move to detailing the land once all that is finished up, and then maybe... just maybe... I'll get some color involved. I feel like the last contestant to add color to their project.

Cheers!

-IR

This is just fantastic work Adfor. I love your borders and I think that time has been really well spent.

And it's no bad thing waiting to add colour when your linework is complete and looks as good as this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast