Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
Hello.
I've always been fascinated by the idea of having whole cities retaken by wilderness.

There was a TV show a couple months back that dealt with the idea of what would happen if man ceased to exist. Our modern buildings would last maybe 100 years or so.
I like the idea of pockets of technology and modern architecture existing in jungles and mounds of vegetation. The mutations and the way creatures would adapt to the new world would be fun to extrapolate on.

Good luck with your project.

-D
Yes, it was called life after people (there have actually been two such documentaries). According to the best estimates modern houses would last 50-100 years, skyscrapers around 300-500 years. After 1000 years the only stuff left were the rusted husks of city foundations as well as the more sturdy human constructions (the sphinx, pyramids, mt rushmore, etc). I think the world would largely be reverted to a pristine environment. Other than the more sturdy remnants of humanity, little would remain to show what civilization had once been like.