Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoneport

Default Stoneport

Reyalinn is going to have to wait but I still intend to finish that as I already put a lot of work into it.

For some much needed city practice I've started work on a map for a friend. She's running a west marches style D&D campaign so this is supposed to be the main settlement the PCs operate out of. So far we've just worked out the details but the initial plan sketch is done so you can get an idea of how it will look when finished. The various shops aren't indicated on it currently but the other main buildings are.

I thought people might want to see how I start with a rough sketch first. Next is to start properly doing all the linework.

Oh and I'm probably going to move that beach at the bottom a bit further up so the rock the castle sits on sticks out more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stoneportsketch.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	628.8 KB 
ID:	112502  
    Last edited by Larb; 01-06-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Just a basic update.

Name:	stoneportwip.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	112554  

I wouldn't dare using the word "basic" regarding your maps.

Have to agree with Thom on that one! It's looking superb already. It's right in the sweet spot between a large village and an anxiety-causing giant city
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, this is something of a warmup for some bigger settlements I have planned.

Anyway got pretty much all the buildings done. Not long until I can start adding colour. Gotta draw that outer palisade though. That'll be fun... =P

Views:	64 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	112572  

Lookin good Larb
    You'll have enough for an atlas or gazeteer soon, if you don't already.
    I like that round arena.

These are cool. I always like how your towns turn out.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

J.Edward: This one isn't set in my main conworld though. This is just practice.

Thanks Jaxilon.

So I got most of the linework done but I'm going to leave it a few days. I've still some details to add (the ships, some little things, more trees) and I'll probably redo a bunch of the fields. And then start on the colour. But I want to take a break so I can see it with fresh eyes. In the meantime I'll probably finish up the linework for Reyalinn.

Views:	180 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	112586  

Looking great already! The layout looks thought through very well. I enjoy the geographic features like the fort atop the cliffs and the more rural area outside the stone walled inner-city. Your linework is top-notch and charming as always! I admire your wise and patient decision to let the piece rest for some days at this stage... i usually skip that part although it might be very useful from time to time. Looking forward to see it coming together!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Great linework and details there, Larb ! I look forward to see the coloring steps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast