Thread: November 2018 Challenge: Colhuacapen - The Lakelands

Default November 2018 Challenge: Colhuacapen - The Lakelands

No WIP yet, but I figured if I posted a thread it would help me get working. I might not even finish this. I have a lot of problems already, mainly the fact that I shan't be able to even scan this, and you might get twenty pictures of different corners of the map. LoL.
    Colhuacapen is the world for my novel. The world is roughly based on a multitude of native tribes of the americas, a group of cultures that I find don't receive what they deserve and are often grouped into one while they are as different as anything.Mostly the peoples of the Great Lakes region. This world also incorporates a bit of mongolian culture ( a teeny bit, saying culture is an overstatement).
    Since I love this world I'll be putting in effort,but my plan is ambitious.
    It shall be watercolour on a3 cold press paper. I want a Baerald-style border, with perhaps my two characters on each side. I'm still deciding whether to place the tribal names in their locations, or whether that would cluster the map. I have two older maps to draw from, without intricate borders though.
    I might be posting without the wip sign a few experiments to help me decided which technique will work better.
    Again, I might not get into it and drop the project to pick it up...months later.
    Take a deep breath, TripleM. Take a deep breath.
    EDIT: I forgot the challenge name! Oops! Could a CL sort that out for me? Thanks!
    Last edited by MapMappingMapped; 11-09-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Got you covered, MMM You said in the other thread no camera, but what about your phone? I took the pics of my last entry with my phone and it was fine.

My phone's camera would make the best map look like fresh vomit. I should try with tablet... Or my mom's webcam ?

No update. Just sketching border after border, and starting to grow livid.

I officially give up on this project. No time. Way too much stress with my novel.
    But I will definitely pick it up.. Sometime.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Aww, sorry to hear that, MMM. Hope to see it later

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I also hope to see it later!

Aww, what a bummer but I feel you on time. I'm seriously blowing off things I should be doing in order to try and finish this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt