Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scales of War Part 01 Rescue at Rivenroar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Good battlemap.
    I can point out a few minor nitpicks
    -The horse seems awfully small compared to the sheep, but it might be a foal or pony..
    -The ground texture is a bit off scale, the blades of grass are huge
    -The drop shadow from the grass is a bit much, maybe bring it back a bit.
    Good work with the elements!
    Thanks a lot for the advice!
    I have never been good at drawing, so every advice I get is very much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing these Cogollo, this is great work. Much appreciated for your efforts.

Ah, tío, me acabas de hacer un DM muy feliz, hahaha. Llevo un par de meses queriendo jugar, y de repente, tengo gente, fecha..pero tengo que hacer de DM, GAH! Y sólo un día para preparalo todo, hehe.

Pienso utilizar un monitor tft sobre la mesa en vez de dibujar o imprimir los mapas, y estas pequeñas obras de arte van genial con Maptools. Ahora, a continuar el curro. Muchas gracias!

Ya, I agree with Oren.

I'm just playing through the SoW adventures in my online game, and these maps really are better than the one's presented in Dragon magazine. I love all the extra details you've added to many of the rooms, and it would have been way more fun with your version of the "Ogre Bombadier" map. Your details would make for much better terrain, and If I'd used these maps when I first ran the game my players would have been hungry to know what the "graffitti" said. They're always looking for clues and such.

Very well done.

All,

This is my first psot here and I actually came here via Penny-arcade to look for maps for Rescue at Riven Roar. I can't begin to express how amazing not only these maps are, but how amazing this site is. Great work, everyone!

Now onto the newbie question: What is the best way to print these for use as a battlemap? Does regualr paper work and just tape them together?

Thanks in advanced,
    Ryan

Yep, that's a good way to go about it. To slice up an image into page-sized pieces, the usual recommendation is PosteRazor:
    http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

One more question: Are the jpg's located in this thread sufficient to use with Posterazor or is there a larger sized file that is needed?
    Sorry for all the hand holding.

Ryan

I also came from Penny Arcade's website, these maps are really great!

Thank you so much for sharing!

I also find the changes you made with the Gnomes something that I will be adding as well... it seemed too strange to me that they would fight to the death for Sinruth too.

-Mike

Question

Fantastic maps!

I googled my way here looking for maps for Rivenroar and a map maker.

What software did you use for these maps? (Dunno if that is a silly question, but I'm totally new to this stuff).

/Banno

Just wanna say thx for sharing these amazing colored & highly detailed maps.

I already have the dungeon levels 1 & 2 from elsewhere, but I was looking for the inn map & streets battle...Just perfect.

Have finished any other of the adventures in this AP? Any plans? Links?

I guess my only complaint is the squares seem to be about 1/2" or 3/4"...I wish they were about 20-25% bigger...

Great job!

EDIT : Do u have a grid version of the Ogre bombardier streets battle map?
    Last edited by BokaSyn77; 06-19-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123