Thread: Scales of War Part 01 Rescue at Rivenroar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Rooms 2-4 of Rivenroar Dungeon

Couple things to mention here:

1. I added some graffitti in room 2, as I find it nice to be able to convey some jokes with the maps, hehe. The one here says "Orcses Suck". You'll see more graffittis in other rooms.

2. Room 2 also has a crate of fish. The Hobgoblins will be merrily eating some fried fish, and this will help me add some more fluff to the story. The brownish thingy northeast of the fire is the fish remains. I have also added some stains to the bedrolls of the Hobgoblins; this will help me remember to describe my players how dirty the whole place looks.

3. I have added four statues in the room with the magic portrait (room 4). They are just normal statues (at least in my campaign will be), but I am sure my players will get anxious about them... playing with their minds is always great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-04.RivenroarDungeon.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	371.2 KB 
ID:	10158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-04.RivenroarDungeon-grid.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	10300  
    Last edited by cogollo; 02-12-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Post Rooms 5-7 of Rivenroar Dungeon

1. The black stain in room 5 is where the Magma Claws will appear.

2. The text on the floor in room 5 says "Hail Von Urstadts! Ascend with Glory!", as the adventure suggests. I've made two changes here:
    a. I have written it in Latinish (not real Latin, but I am Spanish, and Spanish comes mostly from Latin, so it should be close enough);
    b. I have also used Greek font. I will explain what the text means to the players if they pass a History DC10 check (and say it is Ancient Common or something similar).

3. The Gnomes' camp is in room 6.

4. I plan to have some spider swarms help the ettercaps in room 7. Squares with Spiderwebs will require an Athletics or Acrobatics DC12 check to avoid getting stuck. Squares adjacent to the spiderwebs will be DC10 (as the adventure suggests).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05-07.RivenroarDungeon.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	411.5 KB 
ID:	10163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05-07.RivenroarDungeon-grid.jpg 
Views:	920 
Size:	303.9 KB 
ID:	10301  
    Last edited by cogollo; 02-12-2009 at 12:22 PM.