Thread: January 2019 Challenge: Frosgard

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map January 2019 Challenge: Frosgard

Hi everyone!

Been a while since I got the time to even think about adding a map for the challenge. But, yesterday I started with a little map for the fun to illustrate something for my web novel, and it struck me, given its story, it is more or less in line with a dystopian idea. So, here be I adding it for the challenge. Yays!

The story goes:
    Frosgard is a town built out of necessity. The people of a once grand city with great prosperity were thrown into a continuous onslaught of ice and cold. The once warm summers disappeared without a trace, replaced by massive blizzards that struck out of thin air. In the fallout the people were forced to abandon their city, their home. What followed was a desperate struggle to survive in the dangerous lands, that became even more so with the never ending cold, many were lost. Seeking shelter from a particularly bad blizzard, they found a place big enough to bring the survivors and so the new town Frosgard was founded.

It is mostly done with round brushes and some others.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrozenTown_v1.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	112595
    Last edited by XCali; 01-12-2019 at 10:04 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19