Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Übermorgenland

Great job, Abu! I always look forward to seeing your maps when they show up on the Guild

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Great mountains, I love the perspective view.

Great map with your unique mountains & lineart !
    The color palette is also very interesting.

That looks splendid Abu
    I've missed your work on the Guild.

Oops, I commented this one on your other thread before I saw you already finished it there, sorry !
    No changes to my comment anyway : it looks stunning in every detail ! ^^

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Simple but very appealing color scheme. Great linework, too!

Oh I love this one ! I've already told you the palette is a complete delight but looking at it more closely, the shading, the wet lands ... everything is marvelous ! About the shading, I really think yours is getting better with each map and, I gotta say, for a man who doesn't like doing forests, you did great on these. If I had a bit of constructive critic to bring, I'd say the stippling idea for the forest is genius but it could have been even better with another layer of dark stippling. Just a bit more color variation on the map. A perfect map !

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Jerron, usually i start with an idea for a place. In this case i just started drawing and developped some ideas in the process, but they aren't really fleshed out... So it's up for your own imagination!
    But how did you come up with the name Übermorgenland ("Day after tomorrow-Land")? Sounds like there is a cool concept behind it. Or is it "just a name" at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerron View Post
    But how did you come up with the name Übermorgenland ("Day after tomorrow-Land")? Sounds like there is a cool concept behind it. Or is it "just a name" at this stage?
    Da ja das "Morgenland" seit Jahrhunderten für den Westen sowohl ein grober realer Ort, als auch ein in vielerlei Hinsicht aufgeladener imaginierter Ort ist, schwebte mir schon länger der Begriff des "Übermorgenlandes" vor, der dann wohl vor allem ein imaginierter Ort jenseits von Raum und Zeit wäre. Nachdem ich die Insel gezeichnet hatte, musste ich an Peter Pan's "Neverland" denken und kam dann wieder auf diesen Namen... Ich denke das Konzept dahinter ist wohl am ehesten, dass es (ebenfalls) ein Ort ist, der sich für jeden dorthin Reisenden anders darstellt und durch die jeweils eigenen Ideen, Wünsche und Träume geprägt ist... Hoffe das macht es ein wenig klarer

Sorry for ze german textwall, by times i might translate it...until then it's up to your imagination, what is written in it about this place and its mysteries
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12