Thread: Nathara Planet Map [Battletech] - Saderan Style

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map Nathara Planet Map [Battletech] - Saderan Style

This is the second map I've done for my planned Battletech fanfic project (Shiftshore being the first), set a few years before the 4th Succession War and somewhat parallel to the events of HBS's game's events.

The general idea is to create maps that don't cost me an arm and a leg, time-wise, both for planets and for smaller locations. More by chance I rediscovered Tear's superb Saderan tutorial and gave it a try. This here is the end result of my first go at his style of maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nathara (Blue Cuffs).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	112604

Great work Wired! You put that Saderan Tuto to good use here. Don't know much about the Battletech universe, but i like the frame with its legends and planet/star-system inset maps a lot.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Nice work, Wired! I like a lot the design & layout.

The layout and the frame and stuff are top-notch! I think on the map itself the mountains could still use some work, and I'd consider dropping the Pattern Overlay's Scale down a touch on the greenery (the one without the Bevel effect), the very large darker spots look a little out of place to me. Nothing major, and overall I think the whole works great. The certain realism of this style works well with the theme of the piece. Nice to see good ol' Saderan style getting some love!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Great work Wired! You put that Saderan Tuto to good use here. Don't know much about the Battletech universe, but i like the frame with its legends and planet/star-system inset maps a lot.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice work, Wired! I like a lot the design & layout.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    The layout and the frame and stuff are top-notch! I think on the map itself the mountains could still use some work, and I'd consider dropping the Pattern Overlay's Scale down a touch on the greenery (the one without the Bevel effect), the very large darker spots look a little out of place to me. Nothing major, and overall I think the whole works great. The certain realism of this style works well with the theme of the piece. Nice to see good ol' Saderan style getting some love!
    Thank you, and thanks for the constructive feedback.