Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Sky Pirates of Tramonta

Wip February 2019 Challenge: The Sky Pirates of Tramonta

So, once again i have the great pleasure to partner up with Meshon in this challenge. Our last "Commission a Guilder Challenge" entries were the birthplace of Archie and Salazar, the notorious space pirate duo, known throughout the galaxy for their charm, their cunning and their expertise in getting into trouble.
    Their story is about to continue...

The Commission i got from Meshon:

The Sky Pirates of Tramonta
    Salazar has gotten himself shipwrecked (again!) and is trying to find a way home. He has wound up in the archipelago of Tramonta, a collection of islands that float above the surface of a world (any steampunk or pulp world will do!), home to a loose confederation of sky pirates who raid the world below with their whimsical flying machines. The map would be a record of Salazar's journey through the land, from his crash site, encounters with the pirates (hostile, friendly, or both!) and eventual escape OR maybe he sends a signal and convinces Archie to come steal a treasure from the pirates and split the spoils.

The main islands are:

Port Adamant, the main shipyard where new flying machines are constructed.

The Cogs, a mechanical island, actually a very large and old flying machine built by unknown hands long ago.

Bastion, an overgrown tower or fortress where the Pirate Queen lives and keeps the treasure.

- Any other islands could be added at your discretion

- Some kind of indication of where Salazar travels

- The map must have a border

I was brooding and sketching the last days, trying to come up with something i wouldn't fling into the trash right away. Initially i wanted to draw with pens, being my tools of choice for mapping the last year or so. But with the scope of this map and the expected amount of detailed linework to draw, especially of things i'm rather unexperienced with (buildings, whimsical flying machines, pretty much anything except mountains and sometimes forests... ) i thought it might be a good idea to have this wonderful function of digital mapping at hand...ctrl+z!

The change to digital seemed to work. I came up rather quickly with a sketch of one of the islands and i think it's rather usable as a start for this adventure...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tramonta_by_AbuLafia_WIPI.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	6.02 MB 
ID:	113404
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Great start, Abu. I also like that your current challenge entry is a continuation of an earlier one

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Very nice start!

I love how this is turning into an on-going saga! Wonderful stories are born here.

Off to a great start, but of course you already know I love your style. I'm glad you decided to join in on this!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert

It’s always exciting to see a new map from you and this one looks spectacular already.

Excellent Abu, Great floating island! Can't wait to see the rest of the islands.

Great floating island already !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

See, I really REALLY REALLY love your mountains. And your floating islands. And your borders. So yeah, my commission is pretty self-serving and it's already off to a great start! I promise to catch up soon… I'm excited to see more!

Well, everyone else has already said it, I might as well join in. Killer floating island. This is gonna look awesome when you get the others in place.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast