Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: World Map for my Campaign - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow that world has a lot of nasty weather! I would hate to be a sailor there!

I think the storms might be a little too much on the seas, but the rest of the map is great looking!

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    Wow that world has a lot of nasty weather! I would hate to be a sailor there!

I think the storms might be a little too much on the seas, but the rest of the map is great looking!
    One of the storms is meant to be that crazy - the Sea of Storms keeps sailors away from the mythic realm of Albanon - island sanctuary to the Fey.

And the concept of the world is that its creator has abandoned it and the elemental lords and various devils and demons are vying for power.

The oceans are rising, the glacier is encroaching, deserts are spreading, storms are on the increase... etc... the world is beginning to shake itself apart.

So it is rough on sailors as well as everyone.

Phil

The Swirl for the Maelstrom and the sea of stroms makes sense and is cool, the others.....kinda distracts or at worst makes me think all the major seas are wracked with perpetual storms.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Wip updated topography

i played with mountains and hills a bit more...

and maybe the sea is unrealistic... but i like the textures and it would be difficult to change it now...

next step... maybe roads and political boundaries and settlements and such?

phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	871.1 KB 
ID:	11176  

Help River Police

what i would not mind help with is River Police suggestions of where I should add, remove, or alter rivers - using a bit of real world physics...

phil

Help Other Help needed

The other thing i wonder - is how would a world shifting cataclysmic earthquake originating from that central mountain ring change the landscape...

this map is the changed version and i am working on the original map from a 1000 years past, but not as fast...

should there be fissures or fault lines spreading from that central mountain ring, or would they become rivers?

Would new mountain ranges be created and could the current ones on the map be explained as being altered by such an event?

For example, the island mountain in the north east was the centre of a dwarven empire and the underground tunnels collapsed, letting ocean water in and sinking a portion of the land.

I dunno... in a fantasy world does the proper geological forces matter?

Input on these sorts of things is helpful.

phil

Wip Mountains and Noise

Here is a bit of a close up of my map...

i have been adding some more texture...

still lots of work to do...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2web.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	417.6 KB 
ID:	11813  

Have some more rep. This map is really starting to look good. Like Ravells I think the style fits really well. It has a nice fantasy look to it. The Shadowlands have some nice features.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

This is a very unique and striking style, a kind of loosely dabbed impressionistic candy-coloured (in a good way) approach that I've not seen before. I'd even suggest reducing the graininess on the land, and replacing it with some type of larger, flecked texture effect. And perhaps throwing in some gleaming highlights in the bends of the rivers and at the coast lines to make it shine.
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast