Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: World Map for my Campaign - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Major Revisions to my Map

I have become dissatisfied with the general shape of my map - particularly since it is supposed to be the remains of a post-cataclysmic continent after a Gods War changed the shape of the land.

So I decided that massive fissures should radiate from the Shadowlands, and the ocean levels should rise to fill those fissures in... and perhaps rivers would change course to flow into those fissures... and mountains might be pushed up a bit...

so here is a rough idea of the new direction i am heading with this map...

phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	13233  

I guess I should say the pink lines are my imagined flow of mountain ranges, which i want to redo...

and i want to shift the Shadowlands a bit east to make them more central.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Beware.

This way lies madness.

(but if you do go ahead with these land shifts, I'm confident given your earlier work that it will still look pretty spiffy! Ableit, you'll be mad by then, but what the heck.)
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Wip Madness

So I shifted the Shadowlands a bit and reworked the rivers and the shoreline to make them a bit more dynamic... I shrunk the elven island in the western ocean and moved it a bit closer... i did whole lots of crazy touch ups, including reworking some mountains and the glacier and some islands...

Now what madness do I want to do?

Well, I want to shift the mountains near the giant swamp area in the west so the giant swamp area is not so... giant.

I also want to shrink the very river laden country in the south east... it seems to have too much of a pattern to it to have those three peninsula type nations right side by side on the southern part of the continent...

and... i don't know about that heart shaped island I added... it may need to change shape...

But I feel it is generally headed in the right direction...

critiques? comments?

Phil

Name:	ESTEAmapWEB.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	962.1 KB 
ID:	13255  
    Last edited by philipstephen; 05-12-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: did not include my image

Wip Even more work on my World Map

I have trimmed down some of the excess from my new coastline and am currently trying to reconcile it with my previous version of the world map.

The transparent shadow is the new coastline and the textured green stuff beneath it is the old one - minus a few layers of detail.

I may be able to save a lot of the work I have done if all goes well, so I am happy about that.

Feel free to throw in your two cents about the progress, but I still have more trimming to do before I am happy with it.

Phil

Name:	ESTEAmap2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	336.9 KB 
ID:	16443  

Wip

Okay... the colours are all wrong and the land masses need some more work and the mountains and valleys are bound to move and blend a bit more...

but for some reason i am generally happy with the shape of this one...

i am very likely to cut and paste portions of the last map into it and do some of my painterly style as well to blend it a bit...

phil

Name:	ESTEAmap2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	16694  

Oh man, I loved the last version. The one you posted up 04-09-2009. You should try to keep with the style at least. Please. I am using my 1001st post for this!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

This way does seem to be madness...

because all my layers need to be shifted around too...

madness!!!

SPARTA!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Anyway, yeah, that does seem like a madness-inducing exercise. And congrats to Gandwarf, Guild Expert (buh buh BUH).

I would think with my limited amount of geological knowhow that it would be better if you connected up some of the mountain ranges.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast