Quote Originally Posted by philipstephen View Post
Here is my campaign world - without the hexes - and with a whole heck of a lot of texture on the ocean...

i was not happy with the painterly swirls, and enjoyed some textures on other folks maps... so I found a couple of high res satellite photos of the ocean and built up some stormy seas with them...

not sure if it has reached its final state (the ocean) but I like it more than I did... if i get super insane i might move that sweet looking spiral from the Sea of Dreams in the northwest to the Sea of Storms in the southwest...

phil
I really like the close-up of Istarnia - it has a pretty nice hand-drawn/painted style to it. It doesn't look like it lines up perfectly to the Istarnia region on the larger map. On the large map, Istarnia looks more circular (like a smaller circle sitting tangent to the Shadowlands circle).

The larger map has an interesting painted/sketchy look. It's not bad, and has a nice aesthetic. I don't know if the somewhat photo-realistic stormclouds in the latest version quite match the sketchy/painted look very well, though.