Thread: Civita Maxima - revised

Default Civita Maxima - revised

Hi all, after a couple of weeks I finally choose to make three maps of the original capital city of Civita Maxima (the original version is here) in an attemp to create a more solid background for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the old city.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	4.36 MB 
ID:	130764
    this is dedicated to the first settlement of the city. Here I used a PNG from the dundjinni forum (I don't remember who posted there) and the motto of The Order of the sacred fist (Amore regge senza legge) was a subtitle of the Neutral planes in the expansion set of Planscape.

Name:	the hearth.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	130765
    this is the first big expansion of Civita Maxima

Name:	the blue.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	130766
    ...and this is the newest part of the city, the one exclusive for the nobility

Hope you like it
    Last edited by Simkin; 08-04-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Looks good, I like this style.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRequiem View Post
    Looks good, I like this style.
    Thank you FrozenRequiem.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map! This really does bring the different elements of the city together smoothly. Definitely getting inspiration for when I finally pluck up the courage to try a city map!

I love the names too - Stinky Fish Inn really sells the place! The amount of backstory you have for this city is also really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great map! This really does bring the different elements of the city together smoothly. Definitely getting inspiration for when I finally pluck up the courage to try a city map!

I love the names too - Stinky Fish Inn really sells the place! The amount of backstory you have for this city is also really impressive.
    Thank you very much twice Arimel. Once for the kind words and twice for the spell checking (I changed the maps with your corrections)

Very nice work! I like the background work, very well done & thought.
    The look of the Olidamarra Temple is intriguing, I'm wondering how it would look for a street wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice work! I like the background work, very well done & thought.
    The look of the Olidamarra Temple is intriguing, I'm wondering how it would look for a street wanderer.
    Thank you Ilanthar. About the temple, imagine white walls, four similar little rocky hills and a rounded temple in the middle. The southern acces to the temple is a bridge with the shape of a snake tongue, that is built over a hole so deep that the bottom cannot be seen.... I was thinking about a street wiew of some others buildings... (like this), but when my PC group will reach the city... maybe I will draw some others significant places.

Some really nice and creative building designs here. Very well laid out as well. I like how you've divided the maps into districts. You've done a great job indicating what part of the city the district belongs to. Excellent work!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh