Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

I don't use the wacom mouse either. The tablet can be in pen mode, where each point on the tablet corresponds to the same point on the screen at all times, or in mouse mode, where I can lift the pen off the tablet and put it back somewhere else and I'm still pointing at the same point on screen - like I can do with a mouse. "Mouse mode" just doesn't seem to work well with the Gimp, it's like it keeps thinking I'm in pen mode, so I'm drawing somewhere where my cursor isn't pointing. Could be my config of old tablet and Vista, tho, haven't dug too deep into the issue.

I used the mouse that came with my tablet for about five minutes, and it has sat on the back of my electronics shelf since then. I don't think anyone uses those things.

Guild Novice

Question

mice in the form of pens have been around for several years. Has anyone tried them for drawing and how do they work compared to tablet and a regular mouse?

I've tried a couple of pen mice, but only very cheap ones (I guess price would be the only reason one would buy one of those over a tablet in the first place). Those sucked. They control worse than a normal mouse because they have a smaller ball, and they don't feel at all like a pen because it doesn't have pressure sensitivity, only click or not clicked. Also, with the tablet, I can hover the pen quite a bit above the tablet and move around the cursor, while the "pen mouse" has to touch the surface to actually move the cursor. I didn't use them for very long, and in the end just waited till I had the bucks for a tablet.

I bought a Bamboo a couple of days ago and i love the thing, i was affraid that he size would be to small (had an older Intuos A3 before) but the bamboo is so much better the smaller sice is way more practical, the drawing surface wich has a paper feel is so much beter that that plastic on plastic feel on the old intuos. and i love the that its smaller i almost never used the bloody intuos simply becouse it was to big, it took half my desk and i felt like a world explorer going from one side of the thing to the other, i really did not like it. and then im not even bringing up the price of both tablets...

i say, anyone who is considering buying a tablet, go for the wacom Bamboo medium.

I know exactly what you mean.
    I also had a really old Intuos A3 that I got really cheap. I rarely used it though, because it was too unwieldy to get out for a quick sketch.
    Now I use an A5 Wide. It's always plugged in and usually rests on top of the scanner right next to the monitor, so I can simply grab it when I need it.
    It's the perfect size for me. Anything bigger would be too cumbersome.

I guess I am a little bit lucky for I am left handed so I can draw with my left hand on the tablet. Because most other people use their right hand for the mouse, and because I started computing with other peoples machines I am used to using my right hand for the mouse. therefore I have a stylus in the left hand and a mouse in the right hand ... this is most of the times quite awsome except when i subconsciously start trying to use both at the same time

I use the mouse, but i have used a tablet for some other softwares like zbrush. It is pretty easy to handle.

For anyone interested in a really inexpensive tablet there is one available right now on Tanga, but it is likely to go quick.

DigiPro 4x3" USB Graphics Tablet w/Cordless Pen
    $19.99+$6.99 shipping

http://tanga.com/products/digipro-4x...w-cordless-pen
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Hi guys, sorry for my absence. I've been a bit busy lately. I was curious if anyone else has a digipro tablet? I just got mine today and LOVE it. I'm doing just about everything with it so I can get used to it. One problem I'm having-there's the tip, two buttons on the side (programmable one is right-click, other is double-click) and then there's a button on the eraser-end. I can't find out how to program it to be the eraser, but I've seen online that's what it's used for... any clues?

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast