Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Can't help it, thinking the same thing...
    I read an interview from september 2008 in which the creators announced there would be no end fight at Hogwarts in part 6, because in part 7 there would also be an end fight and they didn't want any repetition. That's a rather lame reason...
    But... the whole series is about repetition. Harry discovers some evil plot, for some reason he is the one who has to fight it and not his friends or teachers, and there's a big fight at the end. The only differences are the participants.

OK, that's a little oversimplified, but come on. This is like the Transformers guys saying "Nah, we don't want to have any more cars turning into robots, because that would be too repetitious."

Quote Originally Posted by Duerma View Post
    OK, that's a little oversimplified, but come on. This is like the Transformers guys saying "Nah, we don't want to have any more cars turning into robots, because that would be too repetitious."
    Haha. Yeah, lame reason.
    Ah well, hope they don't mess up the next two movies
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Duerma View Post
    You did notice that in this summer's Transformers there were whole groups of robots that didn't transform into anything, right? The best part of the Transformers movie was the Egypt-Jordan checkpoint manned by a midget (I know that there are whole groups who want to ignore the existence of a place-that-must-not-be-acknowledged-as-a-country, but seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    You did notice that in this summer's Transformers there were whole groups of robots that didn't transform into anything, right? The best part of the Transformers movie was the Egypt-Jordan checkpoint manned by a midget (I know that there are whole groups who want to ignore the existence of a place-that-must-not-be-acknowledged-as-a-country, but seriously).
    Transformers 2 was a blast... unlike Harry Potter.
    The difference was I had low expectations for the first and high for the second...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...