Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Westeros - a fan project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks to all who replied, especially Pasis, since it was his tutorial that motivated me to give this map a try.

I did write a mail to Mr. Martin on behalf of the Cartographer's Guild, but he's a busy man, and many would agree that he should rather write books than read e-mails. So let's just wait and see.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Would agree with all. Excellent and inspiring work!

I know that both me and Ran have made GRRM aware of the map's existence, and it's been added to the gallery at Westeros.org (the more-or-less official ASoIaF website). However, there is an immense timelag between these things happening and GRRM responding; he's still answering fan emails from about a year ago

Tear, are you planning to do any further such maps, maybe one of the Slaver's Bay map from ASoS or the Free Cities one from ADWD (when it comes out)? I'm quite interested to see what you come up with next!

Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    Tear, are you planning to do any further such maps, maybe one of the Slaver's Bay map from ASoS or the Free Cities one from ADWD (when it comes out)? I'm quite interested to see what you come up with next!
    Can't promise anything, sorry.
    Depends on where our game will go, I think.

I have some non-mapping projects going at the moment, but my next mapping endeavour (whatever it might be) will likely be a different style to try new things.

Totally and utterly gobsmacked! Beautifully executed on an epic scale, obviously a lot of love has gone into this, well done! Have some rep!

Most excellent! having read the books I can tell you pored over the text while making this -- salute!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Agree!
    Stunning, astounding, just awesome work

Necrothread, but I thought it worth letting Tear and other Campaign Cartographer fans know how well-regarded this map has been: the HBO team have been using it as a reference whilst filming the Game of Thrones TV series (due to air in April), George RR Martin has apparently been directing people to it as the best map of Westeros he's seen and apparently Bantam Books have been so impressed by it that they're redoing the official maps in the books as they feel they need to up their game.

So, impressive going

Wow, what a fantastic map! Very cool and awe inspiring.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast