Thread: Word document map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One other thing worth mentioning when you're adding text to your labels is to center your text.

Onto the next part of labelling which is using Wordart. The reason I left blank spots in my jungles was because unlike the insert text box option of being able to play with your transparency, Wordart doesn't have the same feature. (at least not that I could find) What this means is you have to be choosy as to where you place your Wordart labels. It helps that you can pick templates from Wordart that bend in certain directions and you can manipulate the text fairly easily once you've placed it.

I've attached my map after I've done all my Text box labelling. Next I'll add my first Wordart label.

I click on Insert Wordart and select the second from the left, top row style of lettering. I type my text into the field and format the font (to Papyrus again) and size (to 8 again) although the size can be changed entirely once the label is placed.

Clicking okay, the label appears on your picture surrounded by nodes to adjust the image. If you click and drag a node, the letters stretch or compress to the shape you want. If you click while your curser is a cross over the label, you can drag the label and place it anywhere you want on the map. (Pretty basic click and drag mechanics, I'm probably going into too much detail.)

It's trial and error fitting your labels along rivers and mountains, but by adjusting the little green node at the top of the label you can rotate your label 180 degrees so with a little practice you can get the hang of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files