Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
Pasis! This is absolutely beautiful! I can see it being used with some PS photomanipulation / matte type stuff to put the settlements in. Castles etc. Are the textures you've used overlaidin photoshop? They match the heightfield beautifully.

Your rising mountain tutorial has already been 'the' tutorial of the Guild on making mountains. I think you may just exceed it with the one you write on this... but I'd be interested to know how much control you have over the landscaping (that I have found is always the hardest part of using heightmaps).

Best and thanks for the 'wow' factor,

Ravs
There are bright guys in the forum, I see!! Jykke spotted the features (fluvial flows) from Geocontrol and you spotted the the photomanipulations (matte) to fit the castles and some other parts as well.
The castles are overlaid in photoshop. I matched the overall lighting (so that they don't pop up too much) and added forest to go partially over them to blend them with the surroundings. Also added manually the shadows and few other tricks to fool the eye.

In theory you have all the control over the heightmap you get from Geocontrol, but you need to master the software which is not easy. In my case I have to settle with what I get from it.