Thread: WIP - Forgotten Lands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok, maybe we will see a larger version in the near future then =) I'd expect to see couple of more mountains on the same map and some lower land between them (like your previous maps for example). Keep up the good work!

Btw, the issues with artifacts in the terrain might be resolved by adding deep thin flows in geocontrol as the final filter (you might have to play around with the settings..). I also recommend increasing the terrain resolution in geocontrol, to 4096. It will affect the terrain generation time quite much, but the results are also wayyyy better. And you can always decrease the resolution afterwards in photoshop if it's too big for the document you are working on.

The full map I have contains also one smaller mountain and the already visible mountains continue a bit futher. The full resolution I have is 2048x2048 (I didn't run the 4096 as it took ages and I had enough details for this project with 204.
    When I'm finished I hope I have learned enough to start a new and bigger project. I have concerns about the geo control, because I'm a newbie in it and there is so much I don't understand. I'm not sure if I'm getting old or something, but self learning GC feels so hard (or it just is so darn complex).