Thread: Forgotten Land

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

I love it! this is a map I can look at for hours and fantazise about what's happening all the different places and how it would be to go this and there. Exactly what maps are all about to me.

I particularly like the Little rune markers and the font used for 'Forgotten Lands'. and the lakes and falls and rivers and cozy cities and...

Where did you get the icons like 'the monastry' and 'the Invincible' or did you do them yourself?

Very nice work! rep for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_Adorn View Post
    I love it! this is a map I can look at for hours and fantazise about what's happening all the different places and how it would be to go this and there. Exactly what maps are all about to me.

I particularly like the Little rune markers and the font used for 'Forgotten Lands'. and the lakes and falls and rivers and cozy cities and...

Where did you get the icons like 'the monastry' and 'the Invincible' or did you do them yourself?

Very nice work! rep for you.
    The invincible is modified from a black and white photo of a steel model. I added some details and colors and highlights etc. The monastery is also from a photo (very small part of the full image actually). But I couldn't use the original photo because a real image wouldn't fit the style so I added a new partially transparent layer on top of the original and redraw the cathedral.

Both of these took considerable time to produce, I'm glad you liked them.