Thread: WIP - Aronbor... or Perdon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ok, another update.

Finished the initial pass of shading the mountains and now my attention has turned to...

Hills.

I've actually tried quite a few different techiniques for hills, wanting to try and at least vary the look a little from the Vaniya map, but everything I tried seemed sub par. So in the end I've decided to yet again fall back on the original and basically trace the hills I had, move some, alter the size and shape of some and then shade them all by hand. I'm still shading quite roughly to keep the look somewhat in line with how the mountains are, but the larger size is at least giving me an opportunity to try and hint at some contours between the hills.

As yet I've just done the hills to the north on this image, although I have all the other hills outlined on another layer waiting to be shaded. It's quite slow going so I guess it will be a few days before I update with what I guess will be the trees.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aronbor4.jpg 
Views:	1014 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	16848

Edit: Oh yeah, and as Rythal quite rightly pointed out, the rivers ARE chaotic with far too many tributaries. The reason for this is I did them the first night I had my new graphics tablet and I was seeing if I could do rivers with it and ended up getting a little river happy. :S
    I've already dialled back the rivers in the NW somewhat, deleting many of the superfluous ones but I still want to clear them some more. The rivers around the rest of the map are untouched and I will clean/delete them later on in the process when I get down there.
    Last edited by Ramah; 09-15-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt