Thread: Make your own Aged Paper textures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Nice! I've also tried doing paper in the oven way back in the day when I was making player handouts, but I don't recall much of how I did that. Never thought of the heatlamp, though. I can say that my players were altnernately amused and annoyed when I would give them handouts that would literally start crumbling as soon as they tried to handle them

So I took my Trade challenge map original and tried an experiment. no undo, since it's not a digital effect though (but it's scanned, so I'm ok)

There's been a few maps where I've had things like bloodstains and such being faintly visible, and they looked pretty funky, so i figured why don't I replicate that while I'm messing around. Blood/whatever stains don't look like most people make them look digitally, as it turns out. I was using photoshop brushes of thinks like paint/ink/whatever splats, and working off that. I took into account folds, and would have a slightly fainter one set symetrically across any fold lines. But even with blurring out the edges, the real stains look nothing like that - WAY more smudgy and blurred, no real definition to them at all. *notes for future reference*

After it dries, I'll scan the other side for texture purposes.. it's a little delicate right now. I went a little nuts when messing around this one and like I said - no undo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	17934  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."