Thread: Make your own Aged Paper textures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I, on the other hand, am more committed. Two drops of blood committed, in fact.

The first one has a couple of smears and a drop that were allowed to dry to the touch and then scanned.

The second one was heated until the blood darkened to roughly what it would look like after a few days.

The last one was heated until the paper discolored (the lighter bands are the supporting wires of the oven whose broiler did the heating).

Blood has a weird opaque quality that doesn't look or act at all like blood substitutes in the movies or stage. It has odd aging properties as well. Note that the blood smears are transparent and the blood drops are opaque. Next time I check my blood sugar I'll do this over some writing. Ideally I'd try it over some traditional iron gall ink, but then I'd have to make some.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper-Test---Fresh-Dried-Blood.jpg 
Views:	1287 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	17940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper-Test---Aged-Blood.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	17941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper-Test---Really-Aged-Blood.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	17942  

I was cleaning and came upon a familiar page in a pile of papers. Here's what another 3 years of aging looks like on the same stains. I seem to have a different set of scanner settings or something, because it seems a bit lighter than the earlier scans, but otherwise little changed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-paper-20120831.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	47925