Ramah - Thank you! The mountains were the foundation of this map and I wanted them to have a lot of character and dimension.

Tear - Thank you for your feedback, you have a very good eye and I appreciate you taking the time to give my map a good critique.

Gandwarf - Thank you! I am going to break down all the different elements and try my hands at tutorials for making those elements. A lot of it was trial and error for this map as this represents a learning experience for me of compositing elements together from 3D rendered mountains and trees, freehand painting, texture overlays, more overlays, and some overlays on top of overlays to get the overlays looking right. My plan is to remake a few of the elements that make up this map in a tutorial form that I can share - I need to understand what I did as well, a lot of it is a blur that I will need to structuralize if I am ever going to be able to reproduce these techniques.

Sapiento - Thank you!

Steel General - Thank you! I am very happy with the feedback I recieved while this was on the WIP thread. This guild provides a wonderful service to artists at any level of ability, for which I am very grateful.

Ravells - Thank you! I don't think they would have come out as well without the lot of you pushing me to go past my own level of satisfaction. Again, thanks!

Nian - Thank you! I have posted my forest texture, 100% the same as what is used on this map, though rescaled, in the mapmaking elements thread under "forest texture"...On this map the forests are made up of three layers - a color overlay on top of the grey stone texture of the ground (this is cut out of the grass plains texture)...this is necessary because the main layer of forest that has the actual tree details is a pure overlay so that the shading of the mountains and land beneath the trees carried through. The last layer of forest is a few thousand individually pasted trees around the edges of the forest. I believe about 75% of the total time making this map was spent on the forests.

Clercon - Thank you!