View Poll Results: Would numerous, program-specific tutorials for one map (see below) be useful to you?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, great idea! I would definitely like to see this project proceed!

10 76.92%
  • Probably; I like the idea, and would most likely use the tutorials &/or find them interesting

3 23.08%
  • Probably not. I'm doubtful the tutorials would be all that useful or interesting

0 0%
  • No, I definitely would neither find these tutorials useful nor interesting

0 0%

Thread: Tutorial group work idea?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'd love to see more about Xara's capabilities. Gameprinter, why don't you enter this month's challenge and use Xara to design a compass rose? Screenshots of your WIP would be a great way to show us its capabilities in action.

Post Good idea - I'll do it!

Sure, why not? I'll hunt down your contest challenge page and do just that.

I'll throw my hat in with what little I know about GIMP.

Ideally, the maps should be small/samples so that these don't get out of hand. Another option is even focusing on certain techniques. For example, I have figured out how to make a pretty wicked looking woodcut ocean effect in GIMP very similar to S. John Ross' technique explained here: http://www.io.com/~sjohn/uresia-maps.htm

I just need to get around to writing it up...

-Rob A>

yeah, great idea. choose a map and i'll add in a tutorial for the corel pain/draw foks out there... i'm not the best but i think i have a few tricks up my sleeve to add to the mix.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected kalmarjan's Avatar

Heck, if you want, I can even do a small tut on 3D representation VIA Vue, 3DS MAX or MAYA.

Sandeman
    What???? You mean there is NO MAGIC RENDER BUTTON!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like this idea...BUT...to keep it under control, may I suggest keeping ALL the tutorials for one map in one thread....and to make it searchable and easier to spot...preface the "master" thread with something like "MULTI-TUTORIAL: "
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin