Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
I like how with Fractal Terrains that I can produce images up to 8000 pixels wide. I like excess. I like putting 1TB of memory to the test. And usually I can do that. If I wanted.

However, for whatever reasons unbeknown-st to me, if I so much as ask for a tiny image to be converted into .bmp, .jpg, .anything, Fractal Terrains tells me "Computer says no" and shuts down the program. Doesn't do it with any other many countless of other maps that I have scattered about my HDD, just the one that I desperately want to export for the love of God!!
FT will output images subject to the limits of your machine (it keeps everything in memory). FT is a 32-bit Windows program, meaning that it has access to roughly 2GB of process space including editing data, workspace for the displays, and workspace for export. Exceeding this limit will cause the program to terminate without warning in a rather unhelpful fashion. I can get it to output 6000x6000 bitmap files without a problem.

There was a bug in some releases of FT that would cause the program to crash if there were grids enabled when the export was attempted, regardless of export size. There is a fix for this problem, but I'm not sure if it's on the PF website or if it has only made it into the beta versions. Contact PF tech support if you can output without grids but not with and they should be able to get you working again.