Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Group with Previous" was renamed to "Create Clipping Mask" in later versions.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Guild Apprentice

Working through the tutorial right now, and on the first step there is a tricky thing for GIMP users.

We do NOT have a threshold adjustment layer.

I have been able to get a similar effect by simply duplicating the "background" layer and then running the threshold adjustment on the duplicate.

The annoying part is when I get to editing the image (removing or adding land), I am flying blind. I can edit the original cloud image, but I do not get a real-time view of what my brush strokes are doing. So, my first attempt left me with some areas that were too rounded for my taste.

I think this can be worked around, it just involves a bit more of a time commitment from GIMP users.

Perhaps a more experienced GIMP person knows of a better way to work around the lack of Threshold Adjustment Layers. There are on plugins that I can find.

On to the next step!

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post
    "Group with Previous" was renamed to "Create Clipping Mask" in later versions.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Cool, that worked. Thanks a lot, Tear. Highly appreciated and very nice tut!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars