Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Why isn't this tutorial 5-star rated yet? :s

Every man and his dog wants a Tear map making for their story at the moment and this little puppy tells you exactly how to make one. Come on people... rate this sucker up so that it can claim its rightful place in the pantheon of rather smug, medal-wearing tutorials that jeer at lesser tuts.
    I was wondering the same thing too. Pleased to say that it now is and that Tear has received his just reward!

Thanks for the good advice, everyone!

Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Awesome. Looking forward to giving this a try. Very well done.

While a lot of the tutorials here are excellent and get printed, very few are so incredible that I actually go and get it printed in color, bound with covers. My wife may use this as evidence as to how how crazy I am spending $10 to print 11 pages.

I also have to add, I did get a new Wacom Intuos 4 from her for Christmas, looks like a perfect starting place as I learn to use it.

Started doing the tutorial and must say, on page 5 without any major issues thus far in the process. I did find something that new users will get hung up on perhaps (I did until I used google).

First step on page 5 talks about using Group with previous, in CS2+ this is now Create clipping mask. (This assumed I am understood what I am reading, which sometimes is assuming a great deal).

Like I said, this is more for new users then seasoned/experienced users but could be useful to experienced users who just started using Photoshop since CS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vascant View Post
    First step on page 5 talks about using Group with previous, in CS2+ this is now Create clipping mask.
    You are right.
    That issue came up on page 3 of this very thread.
    I should really get this into the document along with the "river fix" I mentioned here.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment but I'll get to it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post
    You are right.
    That issue came up on page 3 of this very thread.
    I should really get this into the document along with the "river fix" I mentioned here.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment but I'll get to it eventually.
    duh, I should really learn to read all the posts in a thread.

Well I muddled my way through the tutorial. I too ran in to the demon that was Create Clipping Mask. Luckily after a moment of frustration I looked back at this thread for help and found just the clarification I was looking for.

I have to say that this is an excellent tutorial and I really appreciated the step by step instructions as well as the menu item clarifications in red. When in the middle of a big project like this the last thing you want to do is to have to stop and look up how to do a command that is mentioned in passing.

So I now have a very sweet looking map for my home brew campaign. My players should be very pleased. I know I am. Just got to get names plastered all over this baby and I should be ready to roll.

My map