Thread: X Marks the Spot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The last version is pretty cool I think. The green isn't neon anymore and the blood looks realistic. Very nice. I would expect to see a map like this in a loading screen for a computer game.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

I spent about 10 minutes looking for the X.
    I knew the blood was somehow involved but it tool me ages to see an X in it. /facepalm

Anyhoos, I really like it. I didn't mind the neon green really, but I do think it looks better now that it's been tamed.

What I would like to know most though is where did you get that dagger and that compass? Did you draw them yourselves? I never know where people on this forum get all the cool stuff they put in their maps.

Edit: Oh... and as I've worked through Tear's tut myself, I do wonder what stages you were unable to complete on Elements. What does Elements lack over the main program?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Post image sources

Thanks for the compliments and feedback everyone! I think I can call this map done. (unless i add ports and icons and villages and the like)

in response to Ramah, i grabbed some images from google search and tweaked them with a cutout layer so that they were not too realistic...

i am not sure if that is copyright infringement or up there with collage artists using magazine clippings... i hope it is the latter.

For the tutorial, I lost it around step 3 - land. I did not seem to have the same Pattern Overlay buttons or control over bevels to the same degree. Maybe it is just organized different and I got lazy in my search to find the equivalents.

Phil